Tuesday 14 January 2014

Hand model was certainly NOT my calling



Growing up with thumbs that looked like small toes was and is... interesting to say the least.
Most people have never realized that my thumbs are a) two different sizes, and b) chubby

Tanya Vidal
 
My girlfriends, along with the kind folks at the nail salon and males who were lucky enough to hold my hands, would often describe them as "cute". It's not "cute" when Monica from the Nail Shop has to go into her toe nail kit to pull out a French tip that fits onto your thumbs. I realize they all wanted to make me feel better about my malformation.. but I saw through it.

During my teen years, I often hid my thumbs in the palm of my hand whenever I was near a cute boy. My thumbs made me insecure, and since hand holding was the "first base", I worried once a guy saw I had 4 big toes, he'd run! 

It wasn't until a gentleman excitedly informed me he just discovered that MEGAN FOX had the same thumbs as I did!
My insecurities were gone!
I could now tell any future male I met I resembled Megan Fox!

To this day, my husband tells me to get my "toes" out of my mouth (he's a charmer),  as one of my bad habits is nail biting.

My response now is, "which ones"?

Moral of the story -
 Learn to embrace the differences you may have, as you never know what famous person has the same quirky traits as you ;)


Megan Fox

No comments:

Post a Comment