Thursday 30 January 2014

Eating to live... or living to eat? - Part one

 
 
FOOD
 
My favorite four letter F word.
 
The first thing I think about when I wake up.. is what we are having for dinner.
 
The first thing I wonder when we get invited to a wedding.. is what dinner choice they went with.
 
The best part of the weekend,
is the food we eat.
 
It wasn't until I was about 22 and met my husband that I developed a passion for food.
 
The definition of Food according to Wikipedia 
is any substance consumed to provide nutritional support to your body.
 
My definition of Food,
is any nourishing substance that sustains life while giving you
Foodgasms, enjoyment and an experience.
 
 
 Salmon tartar at the Banff Fairmont
Lamb, garlic mashed, asparagus
Homemade risotto, bok choy and bruschetta salmon
 
I spend hours every week, perusing pictures of food on facebook, pinterest or my sisters instagram.

When someone uploads a picture of what they ate,

 I am ALL OVER it.
 Pictures of food are my favorite  to take, post and to see posted.
 
There isn't anything I wont eat, or at least try once.
 
My greatest attraction to my husband was, and is, his love for good food and wine...
but also having no shame taking down a couple Big Macs.
 
I am so fortunate at this point in my life, 
I don't have to watch what I eat for dietary reasons or weight loss.
 
I thank God for the good genes I got from my parents.
 
Which leads me to Part 2...
coming tomorrow.
 
 
 


1 comment: