Monday 3 February 2014

A little bit of August in February

 
 
On Friday, our "Vineland crew" of foodie friends
 decided to take advantage of
FREE CORKAGE FRIDAYS (WHAT!?)
at August Restaurant in Beamsville.
 
 
Being the winos we are, it's always a selling feature when a restaurant offers a corkage fee...
But FREE corkage?!
That's fabulous!
 
Together, we brought 4 bottles
to accompany our food selections.
 
To start, I had a small side Caesar salad
and the Crispy Duck Rolls.
 
For the fellow duck lover,
this is an exquisite appetizer.
 
My husband and I's wine contribution was a bottle of 2011 Tempranillo
from a winery we visited in BC called "Moon Curser."
*Another fantastic point - the wine doesn't have to be local*
 
My main was the Potato Parmesan Gnocchi,
with double smoked bacon,
chicken and spinach
in a tomato vodka cream.
My favorite part of it was the bacon. Yum.

 
 To finish off our meal,
we shared the Warm Sticky Toffee pudding.
 
It was DIVINE!
 
What surprised me the most, was the bill!
 
For the two of us to enjoy a 3 course meal,
 with a beer to start, and wine flowing
graciously throughout the evening,
the bill came to $96.00 .. with tip!
 
I'd highly recommend hitting up this local Beamsville
hot spot on the next Friday you have
 a great bottle of wine you'd like to pair with some fabulous food!
 
Bon Appetite!
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment