Tuesday 18 February 2014

Valentines.. just another excuse for a party!


Valentines Day...
 
Personally, I could do with or without it.
 
**My Practical gifts this year were perfect **
 
It's a day that tends to neglect single folk, and can often lead one to feeling sad.
 
A day in which a guy is often
pressured and judged by
his efforts and gifts for his significant other.
 
A day in which if you dine out,
your waiting 3 hours for a table,
and paying premium prices to boot!
 
On the other hand, 
a day devoted to loving each other,
can never be a bad day.
 
This year,
my husband and I decided to have a little dinner party
with a couple of our single friends!
 
Spending time with each other amongst friends
 made it the best Valentines yet!
 
Cheers!

We began with a bunch of
cheese, pates, cured meats and nibble's, alongside a bottle of
13th street Chardonnay
in which I have raved about in a previous post.
  
The line up of wine and food for the evening,
was one that will not be forgotten..
I will highlight a few.
 Our friend from Toronto brought down 3 dozen oysters from the St. Lawrence market
in which we paired with the
Classic Ice Cuvee Sparkling
brought by our other friend!

Following, we enjoyed my husbands 'famous' Caesar salad, with this beautiful
2010 Quarry Road Chardonnay from Tawse.
At this point..
things started to get a little crazy.

Up Next,
Cannoli's paired with a bottle of
2010 Beringer Merlot.


Eventually, we made it to the dinner table (past Midnight),
in which we feasted on 
rosemary lamb,
(a frequent dinner party choice this winter
garlic mashed, and green beans paired with a
1999 BERINGER Cabernet Sauvignon.

This was a VERY special treat!

To finish off the fantastic food line up,
my girlfriend baked a Pecan Pie
in which we added a dollop of Vanilla Ice Cream
and paired it with coffee and baileys.


Stuffed was an understatement.

The evening continued into the wee hours of the night,
where many laughs, drinks and memories were shared.

It was an absolutely perfect Day,
A day in which they call Valentines.

xo from us


 
 



4 comments:

  1. Now I'm craving all of this food at 10am! Yum! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for taking the time to discuss this, I feel strongly about it and love learning more on this topic. If possible, as you gain expertise, would you mind updating your blog with extra information? It is extremely helpful for me. London, UK Clothing Brand

    ReplyDelete
  3. I admire this article for the well-researched content and excellent wording. I got so involved in this material that I couldn’t stop reading. I am impressed with your work and skill. Thank you so much. davidson scarpe

    ReplyDelete