Tuesday 4 February 2014

What's cookin at the Casa

Saturday night Special
at the Casa de Vidal
 



 
Breaking in the new stove with
a top notch dinner cooked by
Master Chef Vidal
 

 
 
 
 
 
My husband is an incredible cook;
I like to think of him as my personal chef.
 
 
 
 
About once a week,
he'll cook us a restaurant worthy dinner
 and pair it with one of our
"special wines" from the wine cellar.
 
 
 
 
 
This Saturday was Italian Inspired.
 
 
 
 
The wine of choice was an outstanding
bottle of 2007 Chardonnay Reserve
 from
Gann Family Estate in Napa.
 
 
 
 
For the Chardonnay lover,
this wine was buttery, thick and flawless on my pallet.
Retailing at $29.95, I'd purchase a case..
it was THAT good.
 
 
 
To start, we had a Caesar salad and Garlic Bread
 
 
While he focused on the "more important part"
of the dinner, I prepared the starters. 
My Caesar wasn't nearly up to caliber
with the one my husband makes..
he does his like the restaurant "Jacobs and Co." in Toronto,
and makes the dressing from scratch.
 
 
 
For the main,
he made
Pasta a La Vodka with Lobster and Prosciutto
 
 My husband rarely follows a recipe,
 so all he could give me was the ingredients he used:
 
 
 
 
 
 
Penne
Vodka
Garlic
Shallots
Diced tomato's
Prosciutto
Butter
Lobster
Heavy Cream
Salt/Pepper
 
 
 
It was delicious and the Chardonnay paired beautifully.
 
 
 
 
My taste buds were doing the tango Saturday night.. and after that meal.. so were we ;)
 


No comments:

Post a Comment