Friday 21 February 2014

Sush in the City

 
Sushi has got to be one of the best food
creations of all times.
 
If it was up to me, I'd eat it every other day.
 
I'd like to think of it as a healthy meal choice...
but with amount I consume,
its not.
 
For all you sushi lovers out there...
here's my local recommendations.
 
MICHINOKU
or
AMAKARA
 
Both places are not all you can eat,
which shows in the quality of fish they use.
 
Michinoku is located in the Falls on Thorold Stone Rd.
 
The Volcano roll at Michinoku is a meal in itself...
but I'd never stop at just one roll.
 
It takes 7 rolls, a platter of sashimi, seaweed salad, and edamame to feed two of us.
 
 
The owners at Michinoku are some of the kindest folk around.
It's always nice to be known by name at a place you frequent at,
but to top that, my girlfriend goes so often
they actually named a roll after her.
 
 
Amakara is located on Geneva St. in St. Catharines.
 
This little building across from the arena is a hidden gem!
 
The menu at Amakara is quite extensive.
It's such a cozy spot to dine in at also...
tho 95% of the time we get take out so I can wear
my sweat pants while I eat my body weight in sushi.
 
I think sushi is one of the best meals to share with someone.
A bottle of German Spatlese, chop sticks
and a couple of hungry folk
and you have the perfect dinner lined up.
 
Next time you have a craving for a hard stomach
(and not because you did 75 ab crunches),
try one of these two places.
 
I can almost guarantee
you'll have the best sleep of your life!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment